Happy Friday! The weather this week has really made me crave fresh vegetables and springtime meals. With that in mind, I decided to whip up a little springtime pasta for dinner last night. I had to use frozen vegetables for this recipe, but in a few months, I hope to recreate this with vegetables from our garden.
Sorry for the bad picture, but I promise you it was delicious!
2 salmon fillets
1/2 cup baby peas
5 stalks of asparagus, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup broccoli
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Noodles of your choice
1. Start boiling pasta water. Once boiling, add noodles.
2. In a saucepan, combine all vegetables, the butter and milk on medium to low heat. Add seasonings to your preference. Stir occasionally to prevent the milk from sticking to the bottom
3. In another pan, begin cooking your salmon fillets
4. Once vegetables have thawed, sprinkle flour into the saucepan and thoroughly combine. The flour is your sauce thickener, so you may need a little more flour to get the sauce to the right consistency.
5. Once salmon fillets are cooked through, cut into bite size pieces and add to your saucepan.
6. Once noodles are done, drain water.
7. Plate and devour! Such a great way to get more veggies into your evening meal!