Happy Friday! I have a busy weekend planned and can’t wait for the end of the work week! I just wanted to share this amazingly easy recipe with you all. With spring upon us, I have been craving fresh veggies and fruit. So, when I found strawberries on sale at the grocery store last weekend, I had to buy some. We also had this dark chocolate sitting around the house from Valentine’s Day, so I came up with the easiest way to use it up: dark chocolate covered strawberries! These were delicious and took minutes to make.
1 dark chocolate bar
1. Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, break up the chocolate bar to small pieces. The smaller the pieces the quicker it will melt.
3. Wash and dry strawberries.
4. Put dark chocolate in the microwave, starting with 15-20 seconds to melt the chocolate. Watch to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn. Periodically, stir the chocolate to encourage melting. This is largely a trial and error process, but try to under-melt rather than over-melt. It’s ok if you still have little chunks of chocolate in the bowl – they will melt with the surrounding heat.
5. Dip strawberries in the chocolate bowl and place them on the wax paper.
6. Put the cookie sheet in the refrigerator until the chocolate has hardened – about 30 minutes to 1 hour.