Help me! I am totally at a loss as to what to get my mother for Mother’s Day. I’ve read multiple gift idea articles and blog posts and I still have nothing. I know it shouldn’t be this hard, but my mother is not your typical mother. So, 99% of the stuff on Mother’s Day gift suggestions would not apply to her:
1. Beauty Products. My mother is not one to indulge in beauty products. She has used the same moisturizer and lip color for as long as I can remember. To buy her something along these lines would be a complete contradiction to the old adage, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
2. Spa Services. My mother is not one for professional massages and she hates mani/pedis (I know it’s shocking, but surprisingly true.) So any spa services would go completely unused. I could drag her to a spa for a mother/daughter spa day, but I would prefer to show my mother my appreciation of her, not torture her.
3. Gift Cards. My parents are awesome. When they receive gift cards, they usually just transfer them into the grubby hands of one of their three children. Sooooo that kinda defeats the purpose.
4. Books. My mother is a voracious reader, so a book would be a perfect present. The only trouble is, what book? Everything I have read and would recommend she has already read. I get most of my books from her, so how can I beat someone who is on top of their game? I’ve tried, I’ve failed, and I’ve learned to that this is not my wheelhouse – find something else.
5. Homemade Gifts. Ohhh Pinterest. You tease me with your cute DIY Mother’s Day gift ideas. It looks so simple! Anyone can do it! I have a few hours this weekend I could devote to something homemade and adorable. But then I see things like this, and I am reminded that crafty, I am not.
So, does anyone have a great suggestion as to what I should get my mother for Mother’s Day?